Tree Shaped Chocolate Brownie
by Simply Chef on Sep 09, 2022
Magically transform the classic chocolate brownie into a festive Christmas tree with this fun and creative recipe idea. To make your brownies recipe extra special just add green frosting and candy sticks. Yes! It's that easy, and individuals of all ages would find it yummy, not just children.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 250g chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 salt
- 1or 2 drops green food color
- 1/3 cup vanilla frosting
- candy cane
- Preheat oven to 350C. Butter the square baking pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over simmering water; stir frequently until chocolate and butter are melted. Let to cool in room temperature.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Whisking add eggs one at a time, add vanilla, gently add in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tooth pick comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- To make the brownies look like a Christmas tree, cut them into tiny triangles, top them with green frosting (just pour a few drops of green food colouring into vanilla frosting), and add a candy cane stick.