GRILLED CITRUS HERB CHICKEN
by Simply Chef on Dec 30, 2022
Introducing the ultimate winter comfort meal: grilled citrus herb chicken! This delicious and easy-to-make recipe is the perfect combination of bright and refreshing flavors, thanks to the marinade of citrus and herbs, and smoky depth from the grill marks. And with just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, this recipe is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner. So why wait? Get grilling and enjoy this tasty winter treat!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable bag or in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure it is well coated. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess marinade. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve the grilled chicken with your favorite winter sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!