by Simply Chef on Jan 31, 2023
Pizza is a classic dish that everyone loves. Making your own pizza at home allows you to customize it with your favorite toppings and create a delicious and fresh meal. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a homemade pizza that is sure to impress. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a classic pizza dough and top it with a tangy tomato sauce, melted mozzarella cheese, and any toppings of your choice. So, let's get started and make a delicious pizza from scratch!
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, peppers)
- In a large bowl, mix yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add flour, salt, and olive oil to the yeast mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to desired thickness.
- Place the dough on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border for the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve hot. Enjoy!