Oat Crust Pizza
by Daniela Biclea on Nov 21, 2021
2 cups Oat flour
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
2 tsp Dried yeast
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 1/4 cup Water
2 tbsp Semolina (optional)
1 1/2 cup Chopped canned tomatoes
6 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp Dried oregano and thyme
Season to taste
1 cup Cheddar cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
Toppings of your choice
- To make the dough add the water, yeast, sugar, 2 tbsp of the flour mxi in a large bowl and mix together. Add the remaining flour, salt, olive oil and mix together using a fork. Bring together in the bowl until a shaggy dough is formed.
- Turn out onto the kitchen counter and knead the dough until it is soft and elastic.
- Set aside in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise for 40 mins.
- To make the tomato sauce place the chopped tomatoes, garlic, dried herbs and olive olive in a sauce pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and leave to simmer for 15 mins until thickened. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide into 3 portions and get ready to assemble.
- In your pizza pan drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle semolina (this adds crunch to the pizza), place a portion into each pan and using your fingers, spread the dough out.
- Add the tomato sauce, be generous. Add cheddar cheese, go with any toppings you like and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven on maximum heat for 14-15 mins until the bottom of the pizza is golden and dry, the cheese has melted and the sides have puffed up.
- I make my oat flour at home by blending oats until it's a fine powder.
- The oven must be scorching hot hence preheat it for at least 30 mins at the highest it can go.
- Don't over do the toppings as this will affect how long it will take for the pizza to bake.
- If you want a golden color on the top put the griller on and leave the pizza at the top most rack of the oven for a few seconds.
- Do not open the oven too much as this will affect the cooking time. The hotter the oven the better the pizza.