by Simply Chef on Mar 18, 2022
This Raffaello Cake is a coconut lover’s dream! The cake has a delicate almond and coconut flavor and is hard not to fall in love with is from the first bite.
It has a great texture and an amazing flavor, not too sweet and not too dry due to the creamy frosting with white chocolate.
500 g White Chocolate
750 ml Heavy Cream
350 g of White Sugar
250g Shredded Coconut
100 g Almond Powder
Pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, place the white chocolate and pour the heated heavy cream. Whisk well until combines and smooth, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- Grease and line the large pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the eggs and sugar and whisk well until incorporated. Place the bowl (make sure it's heatproof) over a pan with simmering water whisking until 60 degrees. Then pour the mixture into a bowl of a stand mixer, gradually add the half of the shredded coconut, almond powder, pinch of salt and vanilla (optional).
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the remaining shredded coconut and almond powder. Mix well until combined.
- Pour and spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. (If you don't have large pan, divide the batter into 2 and bake in a 2 separate pans). Remove from the oven and let to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the cream filling from the fridge and mix well with the hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- After sponge cake cooled down, place the hemisphere and cut a round shape, set aside. Cut the pieces of the sponge and place on the bottom of the hemisphere pan, spread the cream mixture. Repeat until the pan is full with layers of sponge and cream filling. Place the round shape sponge and flip the cake upside down on a serving plate.
- Spread the remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle with shredded coconut on the top and sides of the cake and refrigerate for 10 hours or overnight.