Mexican Shrimp Fiesta Bowl
by Daniela Biclea on Nov 21, 2021
A great Mexican fusion easy to make shrimp and cauliflower rice bowl with avocado and mango salsa. The perfect mexican night easy to make appetizer, or a great elevated lunch.
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 pound raw shrimp (16-20 count), peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Step 1
Combine mango, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeño, scallion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Step 2
Place cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse until chopped into rice-size pieces.
- Step 3
Heat 1 tablespoon oil, coconut milk and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in coconut flakes. Wipe out the pan.
- Step 4
Toss shrimp with chili powder and cumin. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the shrimp to the pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve the shrimp and cauliflower rice with the salsa.