Sticky Date Donuts
by Simply Chef on Jul 01, 2022
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 25mins
- 2 cups dates (chopped and soaked in boiling water)
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup organic coconut sugar
- ½ cup raw organic coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan/180°C and grease your mini donut pans.
- In a large jug or bowl add your dates and pour over the boiled water, leave to soak while you prepare the mixture.
- Add the egg, coconut oil, sugar mix with a whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Next add the dates, you’ll notice they will have plumped up, and broken down a little.
- Slowly add in the chickpea and almond flours, bicarbonate of soda, nutmeg and stir with spatula until combined.
- Spoon into your donut pans.
- Pop into the oven for 20-25 mins.
- To test if the donut is ready, insert a toothpick, if it’s ready it will come out clean, they will also be bouncy to the touch.
- Best eaten warm, can also be reheated for 30 seconds in the microwave :-)
- For extra sweetness and stickiness - Melt some vegan butter in a pan and add some maple syrup. Stir for just 1-2 minutes before pouring over donut.